Having issues accessing the http://linksyssmartwifi.com page?
- Whether you are facing issues with Linksys smart router login or more, we will help you resolve all in under no time.
- Read on to find information on troubleshooting common issues faced by users during Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router setup.
- Linksys has been releasing networking products ever-since. And, among the range of products that it has released in the market is the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router. With features like multi-user MIMO, dual-band support, supported by a steadfast processor, high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports, support to all major ISPs, Linksys routers have made sure to make their name in the market.
- When it comes to setting up your Linksys Wi-Fi router, using the Linksys app is the best option, however, for other products, we have the online Smart Setup Wizard that can be accessed on a compatible web browser using the linksyssmartwifi.com web address.
- This page will address ways you can access the login page and tackle some common issues associated with it.
Things you should know
The Linksys login page can be accessed using the http://linksyssmartwifi.com web address easily, even without an internet connection. Since this address is the local web address, you can type it in the address bar of your browser to access it and configure the network settings.
Requirements for the Linksys Login process
If you are planning to set up your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router, here are some requirements you’ll need to cater to:
The Setup Process- Explained!
- Connect the external antennas to your Linksys router. Once done, plug the same to a power source. If the router has a power switch, make sure you set it to ON position. Wait until the power light indicator becomes solid.
- Now, connect the ethernet cable from the MODEM to the router. Also, connect your router to the computer system using another ethernet cable.
- Go to the internet settings on your computer and connect to the local internet connection of the device. Use the credentials mentioned at the bottom of the router.
- In the next step, open the web browser so you can enter the web address http://linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar. Press Enter, and you’ll be redirected to the smart setup wizard. If you are not able to launch the same, try the IP address 192.168.1.1 or myrouter.local web address.
Configuring your Linksys router settings
- Once the setup wizard appears on the screen, tick the checkbox beside “I have read and accepted the License Terms for using this Software”, and click on the “Next” button to proceed.
- You’ll see “Updates for your router” window appear on the screen.
- Tick the “Install future router updates automatically” check box. If you want to control the auto-update feature, you can uncheck the same and enable it whenever you log into the router’s web-based setup page.
- Now, click on the “Next” button to proceed.
- Type in the desired Wi-Fi SSID and Password in the fields provided and click on the “Next” button. You’ll also need to specify the name and password for the 5GHz band network. Once done, click on the “Next” button.
- Connect to the new network and then click on the “Next” button.
- Enter a router password in the “Create a router password” field. Add a password hint if you like and then click on the “Next” button as well.
- You’ll see a message with “Your router is set up!” mentioned at the top, with the network and device details in the window. You can write down these details for future reference or simply take a snapshot. Click on the “Next” button.
- This step will take you to create a new Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account. If you already have an account with Linksys, you can click on the “Sign in” hyperlink on the window. If not, you can click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen instructions to get done with the account-making process.
This marks the end of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router setup process.
Linksys Smart Setup Process- Issues faced and resolutions
http://linksyssmartwifi.com not working
As an alternative to the above default web address, you can use the default IP address 192.168.1.1, or myrouter.local web address to access the Smart setup page.
If using any of these doesn’t give you the setup page, press the RESET button at the back of the router for about 10 seconds. The router will reboot itself and you’ll need to set up your device one more time. But, you can now do it easily using the steps mentioned above.
No Internet connection detected error
Having a message of No Internet Connection Detected is usually under the cases where the internet cable is not connected properly to the LAN ports on either of the devices. The error screen will also show you the methods/checks you can perform to resolve the error.
- Check if the ethernet cable is connected securely to the internet ports of your devices.
- If you are using a MODEM, make sure it’s functioning and powered ON.
- If you are a DSL user, the setup wizard may also prompt you for the PPPoE account details. In such a case, you can enter the necessary information and click on the “Next” button to continue.
- Once you have checked the same, click on the “Next” button to try again with the connection.